Do you think Ipod Touch cost will drop anytime soon?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cris6139, Jun 15, 2008.

1. cris6139

cris6139 New Member

I want to buy an ipod touch 32gb (to replace my 4gb first gen nano...big upgrade!

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I wanted to see if anyone thinks they may update the ipod touch or even drop the price sometime soon. I noticed that on Walmart.com they have a 2nd gen ipod touch, but most people are thinking this is the 1st gen + software updates. The other thing on that site that is odd is that the 1st ipod touch is cheaper than the newer one and it comes with a $50 itunes card. My thought is that Walmart is trying to get rid of some before a possible update or something. What do you think?
  2. canuckfan

canuckfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, i'm in the same position as you. accept i want a 16gb one (32 too much) what im thinking is that to wait till september but like me you probably want one now. I would say wait till July 11 because then the 2.0 firmware comes out.
  3. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the price may drop in the future. But not anytime soon
  4. megator

megator New Member

If you consider that the new 3G iPhone's price will introduce a significant price drop (around 500USD for the non-3G 16GB iPhone, will now be 300USD for the 16GB 3G iPhone!!), you will see that once they come out they will cost about the same as a 32GB iPod touch!! I have no doubts Apple will soon make the "correction"...
  5. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

There is nothing to correct the iPhone costs more if you look at the cell phone bills.
  6. cris6139

cris6139 New Member

Actually, even though I really want one, I would be willing to wait until after I got back to school, so I'll probably wait until August or September anyway. I just know there are lots of debate on the price, and I don't want to buy it, only to feel like i got jipped a few days later.