do you think i should get this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by awesome761, Sep 28, 2008.

1. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

3. ipodtouchhaxer

ipodtouchhaxer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow. That is tempting...
    But I've no idea if the site it trust worthy.
  4. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thats either your cache or your font size because the writing for me isn't overlapped
  5. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mine isn't overlapping. Still, it looks like a good deal, but it falls into that to good to be true category so, chances are it is.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Warning

The price is too cheap for a macbook with OS X, buy it somewhere else, you're gonna get ripped off.
  7. Jon17

Jon17 New Member

8. deebee777

deebee777 New Member

Hey awesome761:

I work for Bestbuy.com and spend 6+ hours a day on the net while talking to customers. I look at a lot of these sites because people ask me to price match. PLUS I'm trying to get into a MacBook and iTouch, hopefully this week. While I want to believe that I can get the laptop of my dreams for $6-700, I know that even a qualified refurb costs at LEAST $1000 (that's with my employee purchase program).

It's quite noticeable that when you type "pcpowershop.com" into any search engine, NOTHING comes up, except the fact that the domain was up for sale in 2005, and a bunch of sites in German, that have it tagged. In fact, YOUR question on this forum was the only thing I found.

To recap:
    -Prices seem far too good to be true
    -There's nothing in the FAQ's pertaining to whether or not items are refurbished, or anything reasonable that explains how/where they get their merchandise.
    -No method for secure payment, or VeriSign authentication.
    -Non-existent "terms and conditions" in checkout process (however, gives you a box to check)

I also checked with the Better Business Bureau website (specifically, California) and there's no record of them.

Does anyone besides me think it's odd that a company supposedly in existence "since 1988" is missing ALL of these crucial elements that make up all of the trusted websites of today. Well, slap my face and call me Susan if I'm wrong, but I suppose the last thing to do would be to try one of their provided phone numbers. Somebody, let us all know how that goes ;-)
  9. ebragging

ebragging New Member

it may be that cheap and with OSX but they probably gonna want you to fix it.
  10. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i wouldnt do it dude what they're not telling you is that the screen is actually a sticker the inside is filled with hacky sacks and sand and that you have to pay for repairs after you buy it