do you think i could send my touch back?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yz-125, Feb 19, 2008.

1. yz-125

yz-125 Member

i bought my ipod as a christmas present for myself this recent christmas, so its not that old. The problem is there is a dark spot in the screen. i can see it a lot. its just a small part of the screen that is dark. do you think i could send it to apple and get a new one? i have a 16gb, do you think, if i send it in for a new one, i could pay a little more and get a 32gb? thanks
  2. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. vegaspimp13

vegaspimp13 Banned

You can send it in. remember to restore it first so they will not see the jailbreak. Call 18004Myapple if you are in the Us of A. Idk about the extra money though/
  4. yz-125

yz-125 Member

ok, yeah it is really anoying seeing it there, ill ask about the 32gb see what they say.

vegaspimp- i have your avatar on my myspace, lol
  5. vegaspimp13

vegaspimp13 Banned

Thats funny. hey do you by chance ride a Yamaha yz 125. I just took a guess from your name.
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you bought it from a retail store, I think you'll definitely be able to get a new unit. You'll probably be able to to get one from Apple too, but it's generally easier (and faster) to get a replacement at a retail store.
  7. yz-125

yz-125 Member

yeah, it's a 2000, dont have enough money for a new one yet but ive got a lot of aftermarket parts in it. need more power, its a nice bike though. how about you?
  8. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dark spots on LCD screens are caused by something pushing up against the back of the screen. i know, my psp used to be the same way when i took it apart and put it back together. i put it back together wrongly and there was a screw hitting the back of the screen, from then on there was a dark spot. if i pressed on the screen over the dark spot, it would get a wavey effect because of the pressure on the liquid.