Do you think apple is moving too fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by man5, Oct 19, 2009.

1. man5

man5 New Member

Like they have newer Itouch and IPhone coming out in a year or less at times. Don't you think it's a bit too soon?

By the way, I am thinking of getting an IPhone. I don't think I'll get a 3gs now, since they will probably have a newer one come out in next June. And I heard, here in Canada that they will have an option for "Pay as you go" plan. So it doesn't have to be a "Contract". But the Iphone itself will cost a lot more.
  2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No. This is a perfectly fine pace.

Firmwares:
    June: New Firmware -> X.0
    September : Update -> X.1
    Sometime between Nov and Jan (jan last year, I think) -> X.2
    Wait A Long time (until next june) -> X+1.0

New firmwares come out a perfectly good pace.

Devices:
    June:iPhone
    September:iPod touch
    Next June: Better iPhone
    Next September: Better iPod touch

That's fine, too.

And yes, June 2010 will have a new iPhone. If major GSM carriers around the world have finally released their 4G networks, it will be an iPhone 4G.
    If not, say hello to the iPhone 3GS+.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Welcome to the world of technology!
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's the best way of putting it....
    We're constantly advancing in technology, and finding better ways to expand improve what we have.

Especially with computers X_X
  5. man5

man5 New Member

The thing that makes the IPhone/Itouch worth while is when you jailbreak it. I can only imagine the things you could do with the new features on Iphone 3g or 3gs, that I can't even do on my origional Ipod touch.

And I have to admit, Apple really knows how to attract customers.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Apple has taken a big chunk of the smartphone market because the iPhone and iPhone 3G were so revolutionary (the original one, anyway) and nothing from other companies could compete. But there are so many other cell phone makers trying to make an iPhone killer that Apple needs to push across new devices or new software to attract more people to the iPhone and to keep people from migrating to another device.
    Look at what verizon and google are doing: http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/19...against-iphone-again-with-droid-does-teasers/
    If Apple doesn't address the small flaws of the OS and the device or at least provide some groundbreaking feature to keep people flocking to the iPhone, people will switch to the better network (Verizon) with the just-as-good-as-the-iPhone Android phone (with an App Store and basically everything the iPhone has).

Better?