Do You Still Use iTunes?

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Dec 20, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I have over $250 in iTunes music and about $50 in Apps. :p If they lowered the price it would be fine, but after averaging the costs, it's about the same as buying a (new) CD of music. I'd rather buy from iTunes than buy a disc because I can never loose it.

The other reason I use iTunes is because I have a Mac. iTunes on the Mac is a lot better than iTunes on the PC. Much faster too.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    4NewHop3 likes this.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I try and stay away from iTunes whenever I can.
  4. iLove

iLove Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I never pay for music, a novelty i simply cannot afford. I support the bands in other ways, such as going to concerts and t-shirts etc
    Simply because if i can get it for free i will.

Although iTunes is my number 1 music software, it's beautiful the latest update is what i've been wishing for, for so long! It finally looks like the iPhone music player. It has artist view etc
    It works flawlessly although most things do if you've got the right hardware on a decent PC (Win8 + Quadcore for me).

Even though i use a Nokia Lumia and Android phones, and actually own zero apple products these days. Their music software is still the best, quicket, most productive, most good looking and aesthetically pleasing availible on the internet (in my opinion). Have been using it for 4 years now.

It can also actually handly my 63,000 song music library. Which tends to make all other media players CRY. And the playlist function is actually useful and works.
    Ferc Kast and Zyiros like this.
  5. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

I use spotify. Itunes is just to expensive.
    rrroach likes this.
  6. Synyster187

Synyster187 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I never buy music from the itunes store, but i still use it to store/play my music. I would say pirating music is bad but then again when apple released the 160 gb ipod classic did they really expect me to drop 40 grand on music?
  7. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

I buy all my music in physical form for the albums I like very much. I would much rather have a real disc with artwork and a lyrics sheet. I rip my CD's as Apple lossless and store them on my computer as a backup also. Paying for spotify is stupid to me because you don't actually own any music and have to have data to stream it. And buying from iTunes is even more stupid because you get a crappy digital quality for the same price or even more than a physical CD.

As for using iTunes to play music, always. I think it's the best music player for the computer because it's simple and works together with my mobile devices.
  8. Shedoara

Shedoara Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    I never had much music before Spotify. If I buy what I have on spotify, it'd cost thousands and thousands of dollars. And I'm am not going to the pirate ways ever, like some people. I do wish sometimes I actually had and owned the cases and such though, that's one problem I have with it.

Hardly use it. I use it only to sync my iPad/iPod Touch to keep old versions of Apps just in case and for music that's not available on Spotify (and pretty much never will be). Other than that, nah.
  9. comet

comet Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Of course. I used to use CopyTrans, but it didn't allow me to add artwork and other info.
  10. Ferc Kast

Ferc Kast Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I still use iTunes everyday, almost as often as my use of my optical drive ;) Most of my music is from CD's I've had since before I learned about iTunes; in fact, I was using the infamous Windows Media Player for years until last year because I didn't know of any good media players. Since then, I haven't looked back at or given a second thought to WMP. :) I definitely enjoy the latest update which made the UI like more iPad-like.