Do you need to buy a genuine Apple Charger?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Siforest65, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Siforest65

Siforest65 New Member

My son has a USB power adaptor he got when buying one of those cheap Chinese MP4 players. It works okay with my daughters Creative Zen Mp3 player but not with my Touch or my son's Nano.

Do I need to buy a genuine charger from Apple to charge Ipods without having to plug them into the computer to charge all the time?.
  2. bonerguitar

bonerguitar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can actually make one if you tried googling it... just search for homemade ipod charger or something and there should be a guide. You cant just plug usb into a power outlet because you need the correct voltages and currents running through it... otherwise it might fry your ipod
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I use some Griffin wall adapter that I got a while back. It plugs into an outlet, and then you supply the USB cable to connect to your iPod.
  4. fster

fster New Member

i bought unofficial one of ebay and it works fine
  5. iPodTouch808

iPodTouch808 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i know there's the griffin one and it comes in like a gift pack so there is like an itrip car charger, aux, and the wall outlet which is like the apple charger lucky i had my old ipod 20gig and it came with the charger and now all the new ipod doesn't have it in just the USB which is stupid since we are spending 100's of dollars for this thing i would go with the apple or the griffin