Do you mind the tether?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by breyden, Feb 10, 2009.

1. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Why is everyone bothered about the ipod being tethered? i mean.. you can take it out and everything but you just cant turn it off. Did anyone turn it off before the jailbreak anyways? I just leave it on standby the whole time.
  2. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes, i am. i hate the tethered jailbreak. if i can just use winterboards w.o the jailbreak then i'll do it.
  3. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't mind it and there has been like 2 threads asking this same question btw...
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've found all the b*tching and moaning about the tethered jailbreak quite funny actually. People were freaking out when redsn0w was announced and everyone was begging on hands and knees for the tethered version to be released, but now they're angry that it's a tad more difficult than a full jailbreak. You can't please everyone, I guess.
  5. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    sorry shut it down then
  6. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No it's quite alright but I was just saying that if you wanted some opinions from people. To me it's really fun to reboot my iPod because I love using CMD. I go out a lot with my iPod Touch and while I am out I have never had to reboot so far.
  7. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i have 1 click boot so, i wake up in the morning, shower, eat bla bla, and then boot in dfu mode and 1 click boot. Bam 2 - 3 minutes it's on.
  8. DeAzncy

DeAzncy New Member

if you hate it so much... just wait for the full JB

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't mind it as i understood the difficulty and inconvenience it was going to cause before getting it. Didn't mind really as i don't really shut off.
  10. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only thing that bothers me about the jailbreak is the fact that whenever the iPod decides to crash/freeze, you are left with the only option of turning it off and booting back up through DFU. Another reason why rebooting is necessary is, unfortunately, when the iPod's battery dies the only option is to boot it back up.