Do you have to give bank info to receive APPS...?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Big_David, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Big_David

Big_David New Member

I just got an iPod touch 8G and love it. Right now I am only interested in FREE APPS that are available.

Someone mentioned to me that they used to have a payment option of NONE where you create an account at iTunes. That way you could get only FREE apps.

I see no NONE option now. Is there anyway I can still get free apps without giving bank information? Someday I will perhaps pay for apps but right now I am not in a position to do that.

Any help very much appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go into iTunes on your computer, and go to the App Store from there.

Find a free app, and click download. It will come up with a pop-up box, and one of the options is Create Account. Click it, (THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you just click Log In -> Create Account, it won't work).

Simply follow he on-screen instructions, and 'None' will be a payment option.
  3. Big_David

Big_David New Member

Thanks for the reply. However, in order to get any of these FREE apps do I need to have registered and created an account beforehand?

Thanks

DAVID
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

You just create an account and you can download the free apps. Most of the free apps are lite which means it's a demo and you have to buy the full version to get the whole shebang.
  5. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, you create your account as part of the process.
  6. Big_David

Big_David New Member

Thanks guys... The thing that's confusing me is that in order to create an account... you still have to give banking and or credit card information which right now I cannot do. Truth be told, my bank account(s) aren't in very good shape. I am working on this but it's a work in progress.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but in ortder to download and use any of the apps, you MUST create an account which MUST be attached to some kind of payment option, even if all you want are the free ones.

Thanks again.

David
  7. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't mean to accuse, but are you SURE you followed the steps correctly? You can't click iTunes Store -> Log In -> Create Account, it HAS to be iTunes Store -> App Store -> (free app of your choosing) -> Download -> Create Account. Then 'None' will show up as an option.
  8. Big_David

Big_David New Member

Thanks for all the help. I actually downloaded my first FREE app moments ago. I see it in my DOWNLOADS section of iTunes. Now... How can I send this to my iPod? I do have my iPod hooked up to the PC via USB

Thank You

DAVID
  9. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    add them via itunes
    if your like free apps then download "appminer" a great app
  10. Big_David

Big_David New Member

OK... I start iTunes... I do see my iPod touch listed under the DEVICES. Problem is, as soon as I click it, it disappears..???

I am really anxious to get this thing rolling but it is definitly not as easy as I was told it would be... lol

DAVID