Do we officially know the iPT4's processor speed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeftyIsGod, Sep 8, 2010.

1. LeftyIsGod

LeftyIsGod New Member

So right now I'm on the line of either buying the 4th gen or not.
    There's so many displeasing factors that make me wonder if it's worth it.
    -256mb ram
    -TN screen, not IPS (not that big of a deal but still...)
    -0.7mp cam (which has decent quality, but not good enough to have autofocus..but then again it is a video cam that can shoot stills)

But my question is, do we officially know the processors clock speed in the 4th gen touch? Because I've heard that it's either
    -an a4 clocked at 800mhz or
    -an a4 based off the arm8 clocked at 1ghz.

Do we know which one it is yet? I can't seem to find any reliable sources that tell us which one it is. This could be the factor that determines weather I get it or not

I'm getting a free 3rd gen 8gb touch (but lets just call it a 2nd gen) from keybank and I'm gonna try and sell it for $150 and trade in my broken 1st gen touch for 10% off so I can either get an 8gb for $57 or a 32gb for $120. Right now I'm leaning towards the 32gb since of hd video recording, music, large apps, and movies but I'll probably only get the 32gb is it has the 1ghz processor

...or should I open the 2nd gen touch and wait for the 5th gen?...but then again for $57 its almost worth it to upgrade
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I don't know for sure (lacking hardware to test...

Please Register or Log in to view images

that should change in the next month though

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but it is said it's clocked at 800MHz (Like the iPhone 4). I would actually go ahead and upgrade. It looks worth it for this price.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I'd personally go for the 32GB for $120.

Apple won't drastically update the iPod next year, but if they do, you can always sell it and upgrade. You do get a lot for what you paid for with this one.
  4. HavokD

HavokD New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First of all, Apple's A4 processor is indeed based on the ARM Cortex-A8 architecture. Theres only ONE kind of A4 processor. The clocking is just another story.

So if your worries rely on the processor, fear it not, since it will be the same A4 until Apple decides to make a revision to it, and I till be called A5, or whatever they want to name it.
  5. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Well Geekbench results show it performs on par with the iPhone 4, so it is 800/880 MHZ (i'm not sure which one the iPhone 4 is clocked at)