do upgrade to 3.1.3 or wait

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cupra-r, May 2, 2010.

1. cupra-r

cupra-r New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi multi touch fans call me stupid or whatever you want but im new to all this jailbreaking im currently running on 3.1.2 itouch32g 3g with blackrain installed ive been reading about saving my blob`s shsh do i need to do this now or can i just jailbreak it when spirit finally comes out and if i have to do it now will i loose all my apps that i have put on my itouch i hope some one can help me out there it would be much appreciated thnx very much but go easy on me coz like i said im really new to all this

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The best is, to save your SHSH Blobs for every firmware, so you can always downgrade back to the previous firmware if something goes wrong, like when a new firmware get released to patch a jailbreak and you accidentally upgrade to the new firmware that isn't jailbreakable (lol, if that is even a word).
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could update to 3.1.3 and save your blobs, then downgrade back to 3.1.2. 3.1.3 doesnt have any updated features other than a littlenbit of battery stabilization and maybe a little faster
  4. Blade19

Blade19 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i would recommend staying on 3.1.2 and backing up your shsh blobs so you can restore to 3.1.2 if something goes wrong and just wait for spirit to come out so that you can jail+break on 3.1.3
  5. TRBA

TRBA New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Correct me if I'm wrong but since Apple isn't signing 3.1.2 anymore there is no way to get SHSH blobs for 3.1.2.
  6. yohanns23

yohanns23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    @TRBA Even Though Apple Stopped Signing 3.1.2 Firmwares...If Your iPod Touch/iPhone Is Running 3.1.2 Currently...

Then You'll Have Your ShSh Blobs.
    You can get autoshsh From http://www.ih8sn0w.com.
    You Will Need Java Runtime Environment Installed.
    And Keep Your SHSh Blobs Safely Or Mail It To Yourself.(Lol ) Thats What I did.
    Once You Get To 3.1.3 You Can Always Downgrade Back To 3.1.2 Whenever You Feel Like.

What I Suggest Is You Should Wait For 4.0 To Release.Its Currently In The Beta Stages. Once The Final Firmware Releases Then Upgrade To 3.1.3 , save SHSH Blobs For 3.1.3 Move To 4.0
    So If Apple Patches The Jailbreak For 4.0 , You Can Eyes Closed Downgrade Safely To 3.1.2 And Still Be Jailbroken!
  7. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just wait. 3.1.3 isn't that great anyway
  8. cupra-r

cupra-r New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thnx every1 for your replies its intresting to c wot exactly people think i should do im even more confused now ive been tethered for quite sumtime now and it realli dosent bother me unlike other user`s sorry it been a while since i replied to all ur answer`s biut ive just got back in from a christening 8xpints of stella later but to all those that heve replied a big thnx to u all and if i was to stay on 3.1.2 then wen spirit is released can i just jailbreak with that then sav my blobs lol
  9. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok so here I go with my stupid question lol ......

I have backed upmy 3.1.2 blob, but thenim Reading people saying theywill back up their blobs once jailbroken.....does it matter if youback up your blob when you aren't jailbroken or do you have to be????
  10. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You don't have to be jailbroken, if that's what you are asking.