Do NOT update to 3.1 !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ezekeel, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you update to the official 3.1 FW you will definitely lose the ultrasnow unlock (see http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1836763) and in the case of the 3GS also the ability to jb (until a new vulnerability in the 3.1 iBoot has been found/made public). So be patient until the devteam releases a tool for updating to 3.1.
  2. eLBr0oKeR

eLBr0oKeR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not too bothered about jailbreaking at the moment, I upgraded straight away in the hope that the battery life might improve on my 3GS. Haven't yet tested it though.
  3. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Problem is if you decide at some point in the future to jailbreak you might not be able to downgrade to 3.0 even if you have stored your signed 3.0/3.01 ibss.

Yeah, on my 3GS 3.0 the battery is drained like crazy as soon as I activate 3G (about 4% per hour while locked) while everything is fine with Edge (about 0.5% per hour while locked). I would really like to know if this has been improved with 3.1.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow the battery is that bad?
  5. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The battery is ok, it seems to be a (software) problem with the 3G. I guess this was improved in 3.1 since the notes for the beta versions stated that the battery life was improved for 3G and 3GS which are the only devices with a 3G connection.
  6. JimMcG

JimMcG New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Guess I'm lucky that we have no 3G in our area

Please Register or Log in to view images