Do NOT download CompactTV

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Matt Donnelly, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Matt Donnelly

Matt Donnelly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi everyone,

I'm Matt Donnelly, the creator of iTV an application to let you watch South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons and American Dad for free.

The other day a guy Albert S. or Bodo released an Application called "CompactTV" which is a complete copy of my Application. The Author stole my Source Code somehow (I think using a Hex Editior) and added the ability to log in to the VIP section of the Websites. The author made absolutely no attempt to hide the fact that he copied my Code, he used the same images in the Tab Bar and everything. He also made all the same mistakes I made and even named the xcode project iTV (I found all this out using a Hex Editor). The author is even making money off it by putting advertisements down the bottom (My application does not have any off). So please do NOT download this application, it is complete plagiarism! But because my application is not copyrighted, there's not a whole lot I can do but encourage people to not download it and support him and request that BigBoss remove the application from his repo.

Thanks for your support!

Matt
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'll keep that in mind. There's really nothing worse than a person who steals your application; it's even worse than software piracy. It's happened several times in this community, and it's hit hard when it has.