Do not buy from rebel scholar

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by insidemann, Aug 12, 2009.

1. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys i recently bought a 35$ case from rebelscholar.com and i got it and all that comes is the case. so i paid 35$ for just a case which i knew that there was only a case BUT when i opened it there was a scratch on the back... it was rather big... and the paint on the side was messed up... These things do not happen with 35$ cases that proclaim that they are better than the Incase sliders. wanted to exchange it for a new one, and the company wanted me to pay for shipping, but after i worked out she shiping for free they said tht they arent replacing it because there is no way that it would have passed their inspection crap... so then they wanted me to pay for THEM TO SHIP THEIR DEFECTIVE CASE BACK TO ME...! these people are nuts, and they made threats that they will sue ppl that make reviews on their product... SO i am just warning you guys that rebelscholar.com isnt a good site to buy cases or anything from and i HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THEM...
  2. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude.. its one case out of like hundreds that have been sold. you got the bad experience. does not mean everyone else will.

the dude on youtube has a bunch and he likes them.
    some dude on here has one and he likes it.
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    bad luck, but they should have changed it for free.

maybe reporting it to someone?
  4. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    To all those people that are saying "Oh yeah, this guy's happy with his case, etc.", we are not talking about the quality of the cases and if you end up being happy with it or not. He is talking about the terrible customer service and idiotic rebuttals they make. They legally threatened the guy in the video, which they CANNOT DO since he bought his own case. Its the over-the-line customer service which is their problem, not the quality of the cases.
  6. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well obviously. i know how to read. but like i said, his experience was his experience.
    dont know why we should base a customer service off of a couple bad situations.

but hey maybe they truly have bad customer service. who knows.

thanks for looking out i guess lol
    never would have bought that expensive case anyways
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

They also threatened to sue Larry at GearDiary for a review posted regarding one of their cases, indicating how the etching doesn't show up the way it does on their website unless you shove the case into a lightbox and then Photoshop the picture. That, and for posting about the bad customer support experience the reviewer received when he asked them why the case didn't appear the way it did on the box or on their website...

At this point, threatening to sue reviewers because of what they said for 'a malicious attempt at defamation' says something about their attitudes towards their customers. And unlike the RIAA, these customers aren't doing anything illegal (like violating copyright laws) which would warrant the lawsuit.
  8. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    damn those guys are vicious lmfao
  9. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hell yeah haha

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hahahaha and they keep others money

is it even legal to sue someone for a review?even if its a bad one?