Do I Take This Thing Back???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dman70, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Dman70

Dman70 New Member

Forgive me if this has been answered to death. I did search prior to posting...Promise!
    Have a month old 8 Gig touch. Having a problem with incomplete songs, Only partially loading etc. Getting frustrated now. Tried a restore. Tried wiping all songs off and re loading. Always ends up with several incomplete songs. Sometimes like every fouth or fifth song. WTF? any Suggestions to try?
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

I also have this problem with an album... just an album though not the entire library... try re downloading a song and see if that solves the problem?
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

is that for every song? or just for certain albums, try downloading some random song,if it gives you the same problems,then return it,might be a factory defect
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I've actually run into one song that cuts off right at the beginning due to some error in the transfer. It's all there, and I can use the slider to skip past the "bad" part, but when it hits that bad part it keeps trying to read it but then just skips to the next track. And I know the song is encoded fine because I played it on my iPod Video just fine. Don't know what caused it but so far it only appears to have happened to that one song.

Which reminds me, I have to go reload it on my Touch before I forget again.

Edit: Bugger. It still won't play. Plays in iTune (both from my library and played directly off the Touch), plays on my iPod Video, but not on the Touch. Bugger.
  5. Dman70

Dman70 New Member

It's not any particular song or songs. Had the problem with stuff that came off of CD, and songs from I-tunes store. I'll wipe it clean and re-load and it's now different songs. Even had a video from the Store took me three tries to finally get it on there completely. I've tried not loading everythin at once, just doin individual playlists, instead of 400 songs at once and same problem. Can't tell if it's the unit. Ran diagnostics and it says it's all good.

Edit:
    Got that same result too. Anything that's incomplete is entirely there in the library and will play no problem. got to be a transfer issue. need ideas.
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bad USB driver perhaps? Might try it on another computer to see if its your iPod Touch or a computer issue...
  7. Dman70

Dman70 New Member

Would've thought that but it's a brand new computer and I've used the port for other things like my camera and other pods = no problems with them
  8. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

It is definetly not an USB dock connector... I had to re download the album to make it work... sucks for you though since the problem is with the entire library =/
  9. ben471

ben471 New Member

I have the exact same problem. 1 song, only happens on the touch. It's at 30 seconds and I can skip over it to play the rest of the song.
  10. Dman70

Dman70 New Member

Well here's the update on my Issue. Took the unit back. Got a new one. Same problem. Now I'll be looking into backing up my library and replacing I-tunes. A good clue for me was I-tunes crashing like 3 times while setting up the new Touch. Thanks to all for the advice