Do I really need a screen protector on the iPad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by Badd_Blood, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

I put a screen protector on the front and back of my iPad mini. Unfortunately it gives the screen a very slight grainy look (yes, OCD). I noticed that the new glass is more bendy than on the iPad 2, probably why it's so durable against cracks but what about scratches? I used no screen protector on my iPad 2 and never got a scratch.
  2. SilverShip

SilverShip Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    You shouldnt have a problem without a screen protector then. Never had one for my iPad 2 either and it's fine. As long as its covered when you aren't using it you shouldn't really need one
  3. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    As long as you aren't throwing it around you'll be fine. :p I do thing that you should keep the one on the back though. Don't want to scratch that, and it's more likely to get scratched than the screen.
  4. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I'd keep the one on the back but not the front if it bothers you. I've never scratched my screen on my iPod touch 4g or 5g, but I've dented the 5g a few times :(
    But I think you'll be fine.
    An Outright Nihilist likes this.
  5. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

It does look a lot better with it off! Now thinking I should take it off my iPhone too
  6. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    I just use a smartcover. I've had iPods and the original iPad in the past without screen protectors and never had a problem. I don't know what color you have but the slate one that I have doesn't seem to scratch very easy at all on the back either so I wouldn't sweat it.
  7. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Depends if you are going to resell it and how much a little scratch would annoy you. For me any mark on my screen would make me want to cry so I always use on just in case.
  8. alinachao

alinachao New Member

It's better to have one for fear of any accident.
  9. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

You really don't need protection on your device as long as you're careful and not careless.
    Xerox likes this.
  10. greenyoga

greenyoga Member

I am careless,and easy to get scratches on my iPad screen,i can't work my iPad without a good screen protector.I currently using a HD screen protector,but it got wear,so i plan to order a new one,and hard to make decision between those two.
    LCD screen protector
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLEAR-FILM-...eReader_Screen_Protectors&hash=item5aeceba852
    And the mirror screen protector
    http://www.slickfans.com/mirror-screen-protector-for-ipad-mini_p3017.html