Do I need to backup my SHSH's?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eats7, Apr 30, 2010.

1. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do I need to back up/save my SHSHs? I have an iPod touch 3g 32gb 3.1.2 Ive never really followed this shsh thing as I wasn't sure if it applied for me.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes it definatly does
  3. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Im not understanding how to backup the SHSH file..I have the same Ipod as the person above and I downloaded the AutoSHSH-3.1.3--3.2 program, If I put the Ipod into recovery mode, doesn't that mean I lose everything
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wait I think I got it..the Ipod was in recovery mode..and I opened up the program, it located the file, and I saved it to my computer, does it mean Im good to go? I named it 3.1.2 Apple Ipod File.shsh and its 67.2kb..sound right?
  4. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah that sounds right. thats your SHSH files! :0
  5. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok cool..I renamed it to 3.1.2AppleIpodFile.shsh since I was told its not a good idea to have any spaces..so the file size sounds right? so I dont have to do anything else..nothing with cydia because I was reading how you have to do something there or did I just have to "Grab SHSH blob file automatically" using that AutoSSH program(Which by the way was EASY!!) when the new jailbreak comes out..should I stay on 3.1.2 or is it Ok to update to 3.1.3(I was thinking mind as well get the newest firmware but was not sure)
  6. revision0

revision0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, from what I hear the spirit jailbreak will work on 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. If you for sure have the 3.1.2 SHSH file backed up then it is safe to upgrade to 3.1.3 but I would wait until the spirit release it already out. Then you can never go wrong backing up the 3.1.3 SHSH file just in-case. You can never have to many backups.