Do I need more than 8gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by afx, Feb 28, 2008.

1. afx

afx New Member

I bought an 8gb about 2 weeks ago and was wondering if I really need more, I havent even taken the protective film off because I bought a best skin ever and dont know if Im going to be returning it or not.

I dont have THAT Much music and videos' but do you think with the SDK coming out that some heafty programs will come aboard and need more memory?

Only reason I would switch to 16gb is the price drop that they now say might be months, and im not going to wait that long

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jr23

jr23 New Member

Get a 16gb!
  3. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Get a 32gb! lol. its really up to you my friend , depends . the sdk apps arent gonna be 200mb each maybe just about 5-10 mb , 1gb = 1,054 mb i think ,
  4. Like2touch

Like2touch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    get the 16gb

first I got the 8gb then I decided to get the 16gb, so my husband lost like $120 for me, because I had to sell the first one to get the other, but now I have more space, I dont know for what, but I have it
  5. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i got a 16gb, but honestly i have less than 8gb worth of media on it.

i already have a 'proper' 5.5g ipod that i use exclusively for my music. i just can't properly listen to (and navigate) music on the touch, so i don't bother. video-wise, i always have a few vids on it (maybe 3-4gb), but i switch them out once i've watched them, so yeah, definitely less than 8gb in use over here. and there's still plenty of room for apps - they're tiny.

if it's your ONLY media device, then i guess shoot for higher capacity, but if you already have something you're dedicating to music or whatever, i think 8gb is plenty.
  6. afx

afx New Member

Thanks for the reply,

Im not a huge music archiver, I tend to more switch out the music whenever I plug it into the computer to charge or put vids on it, I think I have the whole season 3 of house on here and like 10 or 20 cd's and im only at about 3-4gb used so I might just go ahead and keep this one, I can see the new 16gb coming out and costing maybe 50 bux more than I paid for this (its a model A, got it at costco for like 250 or something) so maybe even the 50 bux wouldn't be enough to upgrade.

Something for me to think about I guess.
  7. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For me 8GB == less; 32 GB == too much more

16GB == reasonable amount

If you have like tons of music and tons of thfavourite movies then consider 32GB else i recommend 16GB
  8. starmatrix

starmatrix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you're going to store movies on it, then get the 16/32GB. Movies take up a HUGE load of space on your iPod. With an 8GB, you run out of space from just putting a few movies on it.
  9. afx

afx New Member

I see that most movies are about 200mb in size? Do they come much bigger?
  10. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

nice nickname steal. lets just hope no one thinks we are the same person!