Do I Need BossPrefs & BossTool

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by lakerfanalways, Jul 28, 2008.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok please don't flame me if this question has already been answered so I am really really sorry..I just jailbroke my IPOD(YAY) and I opened up Cydia for the first time..I downloaded all the necessary essentials thing, then I got a message saying warning almost out of room..so I pressed dismiss..I installed OpenSSH for future use(to put in NES Roms and stuff) so when the Ipod rebooted and I opened up Cydia it said reorganizing, and it did..so will I still get that message..do I need BossPrefs and Bosstool..sorry, am more familiar with jailbreak 1.1.3 and for that I needed Bosstool so that everything would go over there..thanks..just being extra careful, don't want to ruin a great jailbreak
  2. jcl

jcl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not that I know of. I don't have it. You can use it if you like to turn off features like SSH, or hide/unhide apps.
  3. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    but as far as me running out of room that wont happen since Cydia said reorganizing..I just need to know if I need those two things cause of SSHing..like NES roms or other applications that might be released that might not be available on Cydia..I dont want to run out of room
  4. NGPixel

NGPixel New Member

I would recommend installing BossPrefs since you can turn off/on services like SSH, WiFi, etc. But as far as moving apps, Cydia does that automatically (so no need to install BossTool).
  5. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok so I was installing BossPrefs..and it installed Ok..then I tried to go to the home screen, nothing..now I see on Cydia a little spinning thing..and I hear a beeping sound..whats going on
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yeah my Ipod is screwed up..all cause of BossPRefs..now I gotta jailbreak again..all I see is the apple logo and thats it
  6. NGPixel

NGPixel New Member

You would need to do something really wrong to achieve that...
  7. mkkuntz8

mkkuntz8 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Am i doing something wrong if when i SSH there aren't any apps in the Applications folder in winscp when i have apps (not appstore) on my ipod?