Do I need a PC to get my new iPod Touch going...???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BigDave_NJ, May 14, 2010.

1. BigDave_NJ

BigDave_NJ New Member

I went to WalMart and bought the iPod Touch 8g today. I turned it on for the first time and it said something about downloading iTunes.

Now.. here is the problem. Bear with me guys as I am not very savvy and have never even owned an MP3 player let alone one of these things.

Do I need a PC to get this thing up and running? I was hoping that I could download what I needed to to at least get the unit running at the local library where there is a WiFi connection.

Do I need a home PC to download iTunes? I was hoping I would turn on the unit and there would be some preinstalled apps but evidently that's not the case.

I guess I just can't download what I need via WiFi to the unit itself or can I?

Also.. My PC is about 11 years old and has Win98se installed so I am not sure if my USBs are even 2.0 or not so I might not even be able to charge the unit without a docking station but I am not even sure about this.

In closing... is there any way to get up and running without having a PC or do I need to have one?

Thanks in advance

DAVE
  2. TheiPodTouch

TheiPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1) yes u do need a pc to activate it
    2) u need a home pc to get itunes, remember an ipod touch will only sync with 1 pc, if u connect it to another pc u ill have to restore it
    3)u cant download it frm the unit itself
    4)check by following this guide: http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You need a PC, sorry man