Do i have to winpwn to pwn my ipod? (already jailbroken)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by GrandCoulee, Jul 22, 2008.

1. GrandCoulee

GrandCoulee New Member

I have a jailbroken ipod touch by ziphone. i know ziphone BAD, but after reading bigboss's article i think it can't do anything to the ipod. Anyways i have a 2.0 custom firmware.

Can i just go to itunes and hit restore? or is there other steps. I have read the guides and no one mentions this.?

Will there be a way to add installer to 2.0 once jailbroken since it only comes with cydia?

Great community,
  2. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    you must have a pwned iPod and than restore it with the custom firmware in iTunes.
  3. GrandCoulee

GrandCoulee New Member

oh ok, is there any reason it has to be pwned? Just being curious but i am guessing because it allows you to use custom firwares, but just a guess.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It modifies the bootloader to accept custom or unverified firmwares, allowing the custom 2.0 firmware including the Cydia application packaged in.
  5. GrandCoulee

GrandCoulee New Member

Ok thanks, and at this moment many apps do not work correct.

I want to be able to add things to my calender which i think the ipod can not do, even though it has it. And i want the mail.app