Do I have to jailbreak with ZiPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by kitren2, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because I'm on 1.1.3 Jailbroken with The Official Dev. Team Jailbreak 3. What is the difference? Will I need it for the SDK or next jailbreak or upgrade/firmware?
  2. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The diffrence is that the ziphone is updated to 1.1.3 then jailbroken but theres tons of problems, the one u got is a soft upgrade where it changes firmware 1.1.2 so u technacly have 1.1.2 still and im gona wait cause people are may ruin there ipods before the real jailbreak comes out that works too. so no u don't got to upgrade i gona wait im happy with mine with no problems and i did the devs official upgrade.
  3. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The difference is that the soft upgrade to 1.1.3 is not really and 'update' to 1.1.3 firmware. Its a 1.1.2 'pretending' to be 1.1.3 (I think) so that app developers can test their apps on it. The soft upgrade sort of drains the battery of the iPod cause its working double hard with the 'pretend' 1.1.3

The ZiPhone method actually jailbreaks the actual 1.1.3 so you could say its more legit. BUT at the mo, a lot of iPod owners are not finding success with it.
  4. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dloader girl ur right that the soft upgrade is pretending to be a 1.1.3 firmware where it actually is 1.1.2.
  5. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dang is it ruining my battery? I'm going back to 1.1.1 I think
  6. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not draining the battery mostly.
    I believe the files are normally read unless a bug is detected by the OS then the iPod would just freeze trying to save itself.
  7. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    there aren't any problems so far with my ziphine jb'ed iPod 8 gig. Ofcourse their are application compatibility issues, but everything else works perfectly as if I hadn't even jailbroke my iPod. The only problems people have are during the jailbreaking process, although I didn't have any.