Do I have a faulty screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keiko, Oct 27, 2007.

1. keiko

keiko New Member

So, I've had my touch for well over a week now, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that there's something wrong with my iPod's alleged "beautiful screen". On with the list...

1. The screen is full of tiny white dots, easiest to notice while the screen is black. Reducing the brightness helps eliminate the problem, but still sucks.

2. It fails on gradients

3. Black levels are poor

4. Images are "dotted", colors are not nearly solid. Might be related to point number one.

I "ran" this test: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/small/. The first screenshot looks fine, the others however, don't.

My PSP's screen looks way better, so if you have a PSP too, would you please compare them for me? : )

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

P.S: It's a week 38 touch.
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, you do; take it back for exchange.
  3. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

Those white dots are called dead pixels, they can come in any color.

I think apple will only replace it if it had more than 7? I think that was the case for the 5th gen ipod anyways

Go to apple.com and schedule a genious bar session, and have them replace it for you. If they say no just tell them that it also freezes on you and you cant turn it off some times.

Make sure you restore your ipod if you hacked it, apple will not like that.