Do I buy an iPad now or wait for a new gen next year?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by albey20, Apr 21, 2010.

1. albey20

albey20 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Like all ipod an iPhones there will be a new generation of iPad in the market around this time next year, a better, faster, bigger and cheaper idevice so what do you think buy it now or buy a 2nd gen iPad?
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    something better will always come out. If you keep waiting for the next generation then you will never buy things( which might be not so bad for your wallet after all). you have to weight the pro and cons of the ipad 1st gen and see if it is worth for you to buy it now or wait for the next iteration.
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I buy products based on how it can improve my life (utility, happiness, etc.) and the price. If the price of not having that product for 1 year (this is hard to quantify, but still) is lower than the price that it will go down to in a year, then I won't purchase said product. No one else can make that assessment for you.
  4. albey20

albey20 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I say it because when I bought the ipod touch 1st gen the second gen came out, and when I finally get the 2nd gen the 3th gen got out, Here in Costa Rica there’s no 3g and no iTunes Store yet so the iPad will be a oversized ipod touch. But I can buy and want an iPad but don’t want to get surprised by a new gen a few months after a buy it.
  5. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I purchased mine 3 days after it came out and I am very happy with my purchase.
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Another iPad won't be released for quite a while. I would just go for the 1st gen if you really want one.
  7. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd say wait. Just for the 2nd gen though; no longer.
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm not going to tell you what to do but I'm laying out my thoughts:

The iPad has been really useful to me. It also just came out, so a second generation isn't likely until next year. If you keep waiting for the better product, you'll end up waiting forever. There will always be a better product soon in the tech world, and you just have to deal with that.

HOWEVER, the iPad is a 1st generation product as of now. That means that the jump from 1st to 2nd gen iPad will probably sort out most of the issues people have with the iPad now (camera, processor, software bugs, charging issues) and add a slew of new features including a better screen and so on. Remember the jump from the iPhone to the iPhone 3G? That was a pretty big jump, that added 3G, better processor, GPS, etc. The jump from the original iPad to the next one will be a big one to address all major complaints and add new features.
    Plus OS 4.0 doesn't come out until fall.

So I told you I wouldn't tell you what to do... but wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. smackdaddy

smackdaddy Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You might be dead next year.....why wait ?
  10. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have an ipod touch just wait. Of course the ipad is better than an ipod touch, but not by enough to justify a $500 expense. Wait until there are features that distinguish it as much better, then buy it. (I have to keep telling myself this, because I played with an ipad the other day and thought it was really cool)