Do all Ipod Touches Come With a Warrenty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Furniss12, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldnt know because i got mine off ebay, and it came without one. If they all come with warrenties should i ask the seller if he has it.?
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Um, you shouldn't need the recipt cos they can check the date of activation on iTunes...so you get a year after that date. Since all iPod touches are less than a year old, it is still under warrentee
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

yup !!..... plus i dont really remember any phisical paper stating that thats your warranty... so the ipod it self is the warranty.... why ?? do you need a warranty??
  4. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

The iPod comes with a 1-year manufactuerer warranty, although it is very limited/restricted in what it covers. There is no physical paper that gives you "warranty" with the iPod, what you need however is a receipt of some kind saying when the original purchase was made to validate the warranty. You can find information about what the warranty covers in the small booklet that came with the iPod (or should've) - if not, you can check it out online.
  5. xvagosx

xvagosx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Theoretically, you do. Practically, only in extremely critical situations. Like drained battery [drained=melt or so...]

Though, just to be sure, keep the receipt or print the receipt of payment from the Paypal page.

Bear in mind, also, that practically -again- the warranty we're all talking about, covers whatever happens to your iPodT all of a sudden. And I mean this.

When you drop your iPod, then you know what happens. When you get it wet, you know what happens. When you bite your iPod you know what happens, too.

So the only thing that the warranty covers is battery-drained devices, faulty parts that you can't have access to, and finally faulty accessories [I know only about the cable, 'cause they gave me another one].