Do all gaming apps drain the battery pretty quickly?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ilikeguitar90, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

I just got tap tap 2 from the app store, and after playing only 2 songs in it, my battery life dropped about 8% (I am using a jailbroken ipod with the numeric battery enabled, and it dropped from about 87% to 79%). Now I know the numeric battery counter will be a little off, so I'll just say it probably actually only dropped anywhere from 5-8%. But still, 2 songs is only around 6 minutes of gameplay, and taking down over 5% is a little too much isn't it??

I also read on a youtube comment where someone said he played tap tap 2 for 30 minutes and it took down about half of his ipod's battery.

Do all games take this much of your battery away??
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

yes, u get like 5 hours of games on iPods, due to the energy drain caused by the screen
  3. Armerad

Armerad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try turning your brightness down.
  4. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah it helps a lot and turn your volume down too.
  5. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Okay thanks I'll try turning the brightness and sound down.

Someone in this topic said they get 5 hours on a single charge. Do you guys all get 5 hours of game play on a single charge? Based on what I saw today on my ipod, 5% for every 6 minutes of gameplay would only be about 120 minutes, or 2 hours...
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok here we go. The numeric battery indicator i not that accurate at the most. So don't relies on it much. Do what these user up there said and you will be fine.
  7. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    playing on 10 percent brightness and without sound and running on a non jailbroken time can really jack up your time to 10 hours. 6 hours if its a graphic intense game.

i lpay on no brightness with half sound on a jailbroken device and i max 5 hours of gaming, and get a most of 1.5 hours of graphic intense 3D games.
  8. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Alright thanks for the tip shaded light I'll definitely try that out.
  9. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    no problem. also, if yuo run no a jailbroken device, shut off winterboard. just disable all the themes. you can also shut down any mobilesubstrate extensions (like liveclock or liveweather) if yuo have SBSettings.
  10. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    does winterboard really drain battery? I thought it just makes the device a teeny bit slower.