DLO VideoShell

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Prabz, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, i've been though a lot of cases but each one of them you guys tell me some sort of problem. I am not "b*tchING" it helps my overall decision jsut sucks being turned down.

#1: Reflect---- scratches at front where it shines ugly back covers lgith sensor

#2: iClear: ---- Kinda plain, heard it scratches but its clear so w.e covers light sensor

#3: DLO VideoShell: What do all think about????

its clear so you seee the ipod dont care about scratches cuz u cant really notice em no clear if you ake care of it. Plus it has a slider stand kinda cool and over the ipod's home button and lets in lets dust i think (it looks like it doesn't) also doesnt cover up light sensor.

feel free to comment (trust me i need it)

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/11918/:)
  2. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

I personally have had problems with actual cases like the dlo one, or any other silicone or hard shell cases. They add to much width to the touch and scratch it or let dust in. IMO Invisible shield is the best touch case, it protects, has a lifetime warranty, and sticks on semi permanent. thats just my opinion though.
  3. dadedesigns

dadedesigns New Member

i hate its very fragile and the ipod doesnt fit in tightly. It is clear but it also gets alot of scartches. I wouldnt reccomend it, it really decieved me by it looks.
  4. innrgeek

innrgeek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DLO VideoShell Clear Hardcase Review

Everyone,
    Here's my 2c worth on the case with some REALLY bad pics from my phone.

The good:
    1. Kickstand is AWESOME for watching movies or as a photo frame on my desk
    2. Thickness isn't too bad
    3. Light sensor works fine
    4. No wi-fi impedance as I can tell

The Bad:
    1. All dirt/dust under cover shows up really bad
    2. I already have a few hairline cracks in the case. Not bad, but cosmetic
    3. Still have to peel it to dock it or use an iTrip. (looking at the dock extender now)

The interesting:
    1. The power and multi-function button are actually covered with clear, hard plastic ones. They work fine, but you do lose the tactile feel of the original buttons

Overall (1-10 rating):
    7 - Decent case, feels protected, not too bulky

What I wish the case had:
    An adjustable kickstand for multiple viewing angles
    A slightly larger cut out for the screen. It goes right to the edge.

Pics:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope this helps!!!
  5. Isabel

Isabel New Member

I have one and agree with what innrgeek says. I hate the dust that gets underneath, and the case is slippery. The little bulk it adds to the Touch in no big deal (to me) and it does look great.
  6. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the case is OK its very durable buuuuuuuuut.......
    its a bit bulgy but i dun mind buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut......
    i tried out my friends silicon case it has a great feel to it and not as bulgy plus buuuuuuuuuuuut.....
    i think ill stick to my dlo shell

7. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have this case and im pretty satisfied
    BUT - i hate that you can see the dust in the shell
    - havent dropped it or anything, and it has 2 small cracks (by home button and the little cutout in top left corner)
    - wish it had better angles for the kickstand
  8. prodigee

prodigee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have this and a silicon and i prefer the silicon alot more
    mainly because it feels more secure in my hand and less bulky.
    The stand is cool but there are two little plastic pieces holding the stand in place and those break off really easily. And the dust, scratches and cracks are really noticeable.
    You probably saying well the silicon is a dust magent. Yeah but there are no cracks and scratches on it.
    i only use this case for things like skiing. wher i dont want the ipod to bend and such

rating 6/10
  9. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got this today and the Film for the screen is like impossible to put on with out bubles. So i ended up not sticking it on. So i still get finger prints and stuff on my iPod. Also the case doesn't close properly on the bottom of the case. Maybe thats just mine. And ya I would give ti a 6/10 too.
  10. sa22c

sa22c New Member

I just got my DLO Videoshell yesterday. I had some difficulty with the screen protector but managed to get it on eventually. The case itself has some gaps on the top and bottom and also developed some hairline cracks near the home button and the light sensor, just like the poster above.

That said...

I prefer it to the silicone case, simply because I think the silcone case looks like utter sh*t. They get dirty and dusty way too easily and take away from the look of the iPod. I also like having a screen protector, it lessens the fingerprint smudges and gives me some peace of mind, even though I know that the iPod screen is very hard and scratch resistant. I'm usually pretty hard on my stuff, even when I try to be otherwise so a screen protector makes sense.

Overall, it was worth the $20 that I paid for it, but not much more. I actually miss the Biscuit case that I used on my old Nano. That thing was stylish and had much better fit and finish than the DLO product.

I'm still going to keep my eyes open for a better case, but in the hard case dept, this one is decent.