DLO Action Jacket + skin (bestskinsever)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by crazybrit, Dec 10, 2007.

1. crazybrit

crazybrit New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    I just ordered an iPod Touch. A friend of mine has one and was very frustrated with how easily the polished rear scratched. I read an OK review of the BestSkinsEver at iLounge so I bought one intending to just install it's rear skin to prevent the rear of mine getting all scratched up.

I also bought a DLO ActionJacket based on the positive review at iLounge, seemed a fairly flexible case. I must have misread the specs, for some reason I thought the Action Jacket was like the DLO Jam Jacket in that the screen protector was a skin.

So basically I was planning on installing the BestSkinsEver on the rear, and the DLO skin on the front.

Anyways, I got the ActionJacket and of course there isn't a skin, the screen protector is actually built into the case.

- Whats the optical clarity like with the ActionJacket screen protector?
    - Does it limit the effectiveness of the touch screen?
    - Should I be worried about how secure the velcro closure is? I have visions of it coming loose and the Touch falling out, not that great if it's strapped to my arm. Obviously the velcro closure is at the bottom rather than the top to allow access to the docking connector. I guess you could wear it upside down on your arm.

- Is it a dumb idea to install the front skin from the BestSkinsEver also? Or would the combination of the front skin and the ActionJacket protector either mess up the clarity or screw up the touch screen sensitivity? I wasn't planning on installing it but it's going to be lying around unused and two condoms is sometimes better than one

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. yankeeland

yankeeland New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I got BSE on my Touch from and back. You won't regret it, I don't trust the plastic cover that comes w/ some cases. I purchased one from Griffin for my first 30gb Ipod and it gave the unit an ugly smudge. I never took the Ipod out of the case but when I did it was too late, the damage was already done. From that moment on I have applied BSE (Best Skin Ever) to all my Ipods and both PSPs. If you applied InvisibleSHIELD or BSE front and back (same protection, different price) and try to use Agent18, Iclear, or Reflect it won't close or fit in those cases.