DIY earphone extender with mic for 2G made from SE HPM-70

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by audi4life, Jan 27, 2009.

1. audi4life

audi4life Banned

Hi guys,
    I have a couple of HPM-70 earphones for my sony ericson W610i, and I think they are perfect to make you own ipod touch mic extender.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The round thing is where your ipod headset can go in, and the black plug you put into you Sony Ericson phone. So I tought if I take that plug off and put a microphone plug to the three cables why won't it work then?
    So please share you opinion, do you think it will work, and where I can get a mic plug(The one with three stripes on it.)
    Apologize for my bad english

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. lilaz_boi

lilaz_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have the same headset but i use the headphones in conjunction with the Phillips mic because the Phillips mic is long and the sony headphones are abnormally short so put them together and you have a normal length mic + headphone =]
    and you can get that headset for 5 bucks on amazon
  3. audi4life

audi4life Banned

Does anyone know where I can buy a plug with a mic section? So one with three colored stripes on it?
  4. TomboFry

TomboFry Member

What I would do, is replace the plug (the part where it goes in the phone) for a normal headphones plug
  5. audi4life

audi4life Banned

Ok I took the plug off and ended up with five(!) cables, a black one, a white one, a green one, a blue one and a copper one without a coating. Why are there five cables if there are only three sections on a microphone plug? Does anyone know where i can buy a aux-plug with mic section and how that thing is called exactly? Perhaps they sell them at the local parts-store but how do you explain wich plug you want?