div-x files to mp4??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luckylefty, Jan 2, 2008.

1. luckylefty

luckylefty New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ok, i have searched for this topic throughout the website, but with no luck....

i am trying to convert div-x files directly into mp4 so i can put them on the iPod Touch. Can anyone help?! i want to pull my hair out....

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pod

pod New Member

3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Videora will also convert, it's available for free, and it does a pretty decent job of conversion. Not perfect, but better than every other platform-specific automatic converter that I've tried.
  4. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am confused by vidora.. I have a 850mb DivX file that I created used CloneDVD Mobile endind in .avi (for my Archos AV500)...

I tried Vidora a few times to convert this to a ipod touch compatible file and after a 2 hour conversion time it created a working file at 2.4Gb,... I made all the quality setting as low as possible and this came down to 1.5GB... what am I doing wrong?

If I use the CloneDVD Mobile software to recreated the file from scratch it takes 35-40 mins and then the final file is around 450-500mb....

I really want to covert the files I have already when I need them and would expect them to be smaller than the original and also the process to take less time..

Any ideas??