Dissappointed with Android.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Rezistik, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Rezistik

Rezistik New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Don't know if this is the right forum, in January I bought a 32 gig Ipod Touch. Love it. Jailbroke it played with everything. I was captivated by the amazing community for jailbreaking. People who took closed software broke that sh*t open and made it their....own, so to speak. I loved being able to fully customize it and the themes were wonderful.

I figured it would be similar for an Open OS, I mean half the work and danger is done. So I picked up the G1...

So woefully disappointed with the community. So I thought I would come to this community, and see if I could gather some help. I hope I am in the correct spot as well.

I would like to know if it is possible to port certain jailbroken GUI's over to the G1/Android.

Some of the widgets that overwhelmingly come to mind are the MultiBar Lockscreen, as well as the weather widget. Especially the weather icon widget. As well as adding a temperature notification like the weather icon add on added.

I'd also really would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to add themes to Android, specifically I would really love to port Tenuis. (If I could grab a hold of the creator to make sure it's okay with him/her.)

I've posted this at an Android forum or two and with no results. A few days later. So please if you know anything I could do to help to port some of these things I would be glad to do so and am interested in trying.