Display brighter on touch v phone 3gs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cstoliker, Apr 27, 2010.

1. cstoliker

cstoliker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    After having my IPod touch (2g) for a year I just got an IPhone 3gs. One thing that I noticed is that the display on the Ipod is considerably brighter. Is this by design or is the phone defective? Yes, I've adjusted the brightness setting on both

Please Register or Log in to view images

The phone's colors seem more accurate at when viewed from an angle so I believe the screens are diffirent.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Is auto brightness on?
  3. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes I have noticed this too

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286675

The ipod touch is insanely brighter than the iphone 3GS, I compared them both a few days ago and noticed a massive difference in the brightness, when I had the brightness on full on the iphone and the brightness on 25% on the ipod touch it was so bright, and killed the iphone in brightness

and auto brightness doesn't really make a difference, I have tried with it on and off.
  4. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    wonder why... battery life?
  5. gtg465x

gtg465x New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I always thought my mom's 3GS was brighter than my 2nd gen Touch.
  6. cstoliker

cstoliker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought it may have something to do with the new anti-finger print, & glare coating on the 3gs. It is not a huge difforence, but it is noticable. I just wanted to make sure it was not just my phone.

I also compared the speed side opening apps exc.. The Iphone is only marginaly faster then the touch. I'm thinking apple took a step back with the 3gs.

All I wanted was the ability to use my ipod without having to be in range of a wifi. Guess I can't have my cake :-( Now I am stuck with the phone (and its $30 data plain) for 2 years.