disk use in the near future?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Touchnoob0211, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i could be totally looking at this the wrong way, but when i read this i thought for a second... from what i remember when i had my ipod mini, "disk use" allowed my ipod to turn into a portable hard drive.. this autofill for the phones and touches was just added to the newest itunes, right? hmmmm

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The thing is that the iDevices can only use HFS+ (Correct me if I am wrong) while the Nanos/Classics/Minis can be formatted to FAT32 and HFS+
  3. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oh no i understand that, and have since the first release of these devices. what i am saying is that its apple were tlaking about, for 3.0, that they could allow disk use. example would be you would set however much on that sliding bar in the picture above, and itunes would format that part of your phone/touch (if it is empty space) into ntfs/fat32/etc...
  4. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so... yes?
  5. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no i have no clue.. i wanted to see what everyone thinks about it. there hasnt been any say about this feature in any of the 3.0 reviews that ive read, but you never know.

(oh and btw im talking about the 3.0 that is coming in june not the beta that is out)