Disk Space

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superstar, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hey!
    This seemed to be the best forum to post my question.

I'm buying an ipod touch very soon and I'm gathering a list of all the apps and stuff I want to put in it. It seems to be quite a long list and that got me thinking. Originally, my plan was to go for the cheaper 8GB model as I have a max of 1-2GB of music and the rest I'd use for movies and apps. The question is, is 8GB sufficient for my needs, or should I spend more money on the 16GB?

Basically, I'm asking how much space do apps take up including the various emulators and roms?

Thanks in advance!
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Kind of depends on what exactly you're installing. Most of the applications don't take a lot of space (usually under 5MB for the majority of the apps, with exceptions like BSD Subsystem which take I think 8MB or so). However, if you install some of the ROMs, those can add up fast. NES ROMs aren't too big (I think under 1MB each), but GBA ROMs are in the 10-20MB range and PSX ROMs I believe are several hundred each.
  3. Unrealdude

Unrealdude New Member

hey dude u should wait till what happens next week...in case u don't know the 14th to the 18th is Mac World and there going 2 announce maybe a price drop and also a new ipod touch maybe in sept. or feb. noone really knows till next week so i'll post when i find out.
  4. Superstar

Superstar Member

Thanks guys! That's good to know!

I'm going to be in NY in the begining of feb, that's when I plan to buy the ipod touch. So hopefully that price drop will come before. And we'll already see what happens if a new ipod in announced

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. edoras

edoras New Member

Get the 16 GB version....You will not regret when you get that extra GB....
  6. Superstar

Superstar Member

Ok, so I've been thinking.

I currently own a PSP with 5GB of memory. My initial plan was to sell my PSP and buy an iPod touch. So I'm wondering, would it be worth keeping the PSP and going for the 8GB ipod touch, or selling off the PSP and buying the 16GB model. Or should I sell the PSP altogether and go for an 8GB or 16GB ipod touch since I mainly use the PSP for video and music and a tad of gaming, and then enjoy the rest of the profits?
  7. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

keep the psp and buy the 8 gig ipod touch, get the best of both worlds
  8. edoras

edoras New Member

If you use PSP a lot for games, keep the PSP and buy 8GB iPodT.
    But if you use music and videos a lot on yr PSP, maybe you can sell the PSP and get the 16 GB iPodT...

Please Register or Log in to view images