disk space available

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by babolatpdtp@gmail.com, Oct 15, 2007.

1. babolatpdtp@gmail.com

babolatpdtp@gmail.com New Member

After installing a few apps onto my ipod (only like maybe 8 or so) it says at the bottom that I only have 14.1 MB available. This is small considering out of the 16 GB i have, only about 4 is filled with music. Also, on my friends iPhone it shows him having like 64 MB on an 8 GB phone. I've noticed that this number was small from the beginning. Today I got a message saying im running out of disk space. Do you know why I have such little room?
  2. jord

jord New Member

You get this message from the ipod firmware?
    Or from the installer itself?

Go to Settings > General > About
    what is your capacity and available?

If it's just from the installer... this has to do with a limitation on the Application folder file size... this can be extended using a symbolic link... look for a tutorial on here, using terminal.. it's a quick fix
  3. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. babolatpdtp@gmail.com

I got this message when I was installing a new application from Installer. It showed up in there. My capacity is 14.8 GB and my available is 11.3 GB.

I don't think thats the same because my iPod still says it has 11.3 GB left. It was in installer where I got the message. Also, when I look at the bottom of the screen in installer, it shows that I have 14.1 MB available
  5. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

All that means is you haev 14.1mb left to install apps on. The jailbreak thing has a limit of 300mb. There is a workaround somewhere on these forums. I get the message too. Lol its annoying im gonna try the work around. I dont have the link on hand for the topic but if I find it I'll post it.
  6. babolatpdtp@gmail.com

Yea if you find it let me know. What I don't get is there is no possible way i've used 280 some MB.
  7. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

150Mb of that is Apple's system software.
    Then there's the amount required to patch and jailbreak...
  8. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

Well jailbreak itself takes up like 240 or something. You really only get like 60mb after its jailbroken. Here i'll look for the topic right now.
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i think the linky was already posted, but it involvees moving the application folder to a non jailbreak folder, and creating a symbolic link on Root to the application folder

very simple and quite effective.
  10. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

Ooh I just briefly skimmed this topic. Better read next time. Umm that link just looks like its the if you have the 300mb in itunes problem. I Could be wrong tough.