disk cannot be read or written to

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krashink, Aug 22, 2009.

1. krashink

krashink New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    P.s.

haha yeah I know, who puts the p.s. befor the post eh...well i do

Please Register or Log in to view images

...so anyways i think if an Admin see's this, they should maybe sticky it...I know i know, it's alot to ask from a guy who really only made one post, but I am sure it will help people, and well if no sticky, cheers anyways.

I would like to say thanks for all the help I recieved in here, but I actually didnt recieve any,

but to show my gratitude for forums such as these and to provide help for others, I will provide some info:

as a network admin I was really getting frustrated with reading the forums searching the forums, trying all the fixes and cure to only have no success. It was when I was about to throw the damn itouch out the window and into the river that I came a cross a litttle post somewhere out there that fixed all my probs, well at least to an extent.

I surely hope that my little post here will help inspire others to help others, as this is what forums are for.......

Here’s a workaround for a problem when you sync your iPod with a Windows XP computer and you get an error:

Disk cannot be read from or written to

1. Disconnect the iPod.

2. Right-click My Computer and select Properties.

3. Click the Hardware tab.

4. Click the Device Manager button.

5. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

6. Right-click Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller choose Disable.

Now try attaching your iPod again and syncing. Hopefully it will work. If it doesn’t check out the Apple article: “Disk cannot be read from or written to” when syncing iPod or “Firmware update failure” error when updating or restoring iPod
    Related Posts

and obviously if you have problems with the connect ipod to itunes recovery mode use ibrickr to boot the ipod....

well anyways i hope this helps some people out there.

krash

well if anyone out there has any ideas on how to help jb this thing hit me up
  2. krashink

krashink New Member

Device:
    iPod touch