(Discussion) Windows Phone 7 Series

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by _JKK_, Feb 15, 2010.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So then. Microsoft's answer to the iPhone (and Android, and webOS) is here. The name: stupid (it's a mouthful).

But what matters most is the actual OS. From what I've seen, it looks great. In fact, I'd almost say it's better looking than iPhone OS. And, it looks so functional as well.

Great job, MS. Seven seems to be your lucky number.
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Looks rather nice!

I used to hate windows mobile platforms but it looks like they have really given this a thought.
    Let's face itit, if they wanted a chance to get into the mobile phone market again they needed something very unique.

I vote yes to seven series
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwD5fGSI2zk

Bit of a dig at apple regarding lack of backgrouding? lol
  3. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Well, the iPhone UI is the worst for appearance. it really sucks. a black background with square colorful backgrounds and a cheese grater dock. the iPad 3.2 is a major improvement. This actually seems great, but i wish that this was on the Zune HD instead of that crappy reskinned Windows CE. Windows CE is really gay. i have it on my GPS and it got a fcking blue screen one time.

Apple used to pwn at UI. Now they are failing. Even with their hardware and products, i think that Apple is becoming what Microsoft was and Microsoft is becoming the new Apple. Just look at what Microsoft is doing, Windows 7, Windows Mobile, Zune HD, upcoming ZunePhone.

Apple is doing stuff but is not living up to what people want anymore:
    iPod touch with no mic/camera/any new overall FEATURE. it's still a great product.
    iPad missing what a lot of people wanted
    Yellow iMac screens

The only good things they did were Snow Leopard and the quad core 27 inch iMac (without the yellow screen)
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Again, it was people following the rumours, thinking the features were real, and coming.

---

The windows phone's UI is horrid.
  5. TDG

TDG Active Member

source?
  6. iPwn

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i'm not saying the UI for the iphone is bad. its the best one out, but apple just skinned it badly. the windows Ui is not as good as the iphone, but its is much more visually attractive.

the worst of all is android. Bad Ui, bad theme, bad everything.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    as for the features of the iPad, it is a great device, but one must admit, its basically a bigger iPod touch with a better UI for default apps. I'm not even going to comment on apple's so called "upscaling" of iphone apps to fit the ipad screen. the only things really "missing" from the ipad are a webcam and multitasking. Seriously? Its got a 1GHz dual core processor (2 processors both clocked at 1GHz). It can easily handle multitasking. And they found an open space at the top of the iPad casing in which an iSight camera fits snugly into, so Apple probably will implement it in a 2nd gen...

oh wait, i'm not allowed to tell u that becuase of that stupid apple/EULA dev agreement. oops, sorry, u never heard anything. go figure what wasn't supposed to tell you... please don't spread this.
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

8. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it looks like a zune hd
  9. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would take this over an iPhone in a second. But, I would be skeptical on trading in my Pixi. The thing is, is it too much? My Palm webOS device is just, perfect. It's simple, quick, good battery life. What more do I need? Sure, it would be cool to have those nifty notifications, I just don't think I need it. I have the main 4 applications I use in my quick launcher, and other than that, it just works. Would I trade my pixi for a WinMo 7 phone? No. Would I trade it for an iPhone? Hell no. Would I trade it for an Android phone? Only if it was a Desire or Legend. The thing is, the Apple fad will soon simmer down. Palm will gain a decent percentage of the market, and stay there. I think the real battle will be between Android and Windows Mobile.
  10. iPwn

Device:
    Nexus 4
    no matter, how great windows 7 is, IMO MS is meeting its death. The PC market will be completely Apple, Google, and linux in a decade. if apple dies anytime soon, u can stab me and kill me. a popular brand name company like Apple doesnt just go down. people will buy apple products just because theres an apple logo on it, even if the next gen ipod touch was just a ipod 1G with firmware 1.0.