[DISCUSSION] iPod touch 4G Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chillen, Sep 10, 2010.

1. chillen

chillen New Member

ok instead of everyone throwing there problems on the main page we can have a main thread for problems and solutions... i will start with my home button issue where the home button does not push in all the way on the bottom of the button but still works...? and i cant tell whether it broke or not?

edit by _JKK_: stickied. Please use this to discuss any problems you are experiencing, as well as potential solutions. Also, as for overheating, there's a good chance that will only be fixed by a software update, as this has happened in the past (iPhone 3GS, 4, iPt3G).
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    - Unresponsive home button
    - Ticking sound when using the rear mic while Wi-Fi is enabled
    - Overheating (causes laggyness, slowness, freezes, device becomes EXTREMELY hot)
    - Freezing
    - Possible change of DFU
    - Light Leakage
    - Metal 3.5mm housing causes issues with male to male connectors

(All these problems are BASED on reports. Mostly all iPod Touch 4G's are FINE)
  3. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Are there really this many problems? How common is this? I order mine and i am waiting for it to be shipped. For any of these problems (if they occur to me) should I call apple and ask for a new one?
  4. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only one of those problems I have is the light leaking from the seams on the front, but it's very very minor and only visible when you are looking straight on in pure darkness.

Yes, the guys at the Apple store are generally very easy to get replacements - just tell them the problem and they will probably hand you a new one. I plan to do that in a few days.
  5. chillen

chillen New Member

my home button is responsive it just feels weird when i push at a certain spot, i probly could get used to it but idk what to do i have 12 days to return it
  6. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have the 'Light leakage problem'.
  7. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ehh... some people have these issues and others don't... so it's 50/50. If yours does have any of these issues, you should return it. If it has the ticking sound while recording with a mic, many owners have that issue... just disable WiFi when your using the rear mic.

There's like 2 people from these forums who actually don't have the ticking issue. They got lucky.
    Jnmiah likes this.
  8. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok thanks
  9. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. chillen

chillen New Member

mine doesnt tick i am listening closely and hear nothing and wifi is on, does that mean its broken?
    Jnmiah likes this.