Discounted Replacement W/ Jailbroken iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rosewhip137, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Rosewhip137

Rosewhip137 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod touch (2G) recently suffered some water damage and is stuck in a perpetual recovery mode. I have tried every option I could find on the internet and had an apple guide, well, guide me through trying to fix it. I have determined it is completely dead, and I have decided to buy a new one.

I would like to trade in my old ipod for a new one of the same type. The apple guide said I could trade in the water-damaged ipod and get half off of a new one. My question is, since the warranty is already voided by water damage than would the fact it is jailbroken prevent me from getting the discount?

Many thanks!
  2. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Since your getting it replace, just do a DFU restore and the jailbreak will go away.

Hold your home and power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button, but keep holding the home button until iTunes say found an ipod in recovery mode or something. Then just click restore.
  3. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if you iPod won't go out of recovery mode, I don't see how Apple will know it's Jailbroken. Sorry I don't know much about JBing, so it may not be the case. But if it won't work, then Apple will just use it for parts won't they? They won't really care that it's Jailbroken, atleast I don't think they will. Sorry if that's not much help, I just don't wanna be flammed for being wrong and saying somthing untrue by accident.
  4. Rosewhip137

Rosewhip137 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I can't restore it. Hence why I am getting it replaced.

And when i starts up it has the jailbroken recovery mode screen (Cartoon Steve Jobs) as well as the pineapple boot logo, so it wil be fairly obvious that it is jailbroken.
  5. ddggttff3

ddggttff3 New Member

i guess you just have to try to get into DFU mode, if you still see logos, the bootloader must still be OK, so DFU SHOULD still work.
  6. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so it wont even go into dfu??? thats pretty messed up. open your ipod and disconnect the power button or something so it wont turn on lol