disconnecting ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deaduck3, Oct 26, 2009.

1. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what bad happens to your ipod if you disconnect it when it says do not disconnect or sync in progress? Or any flash drive for that matter. does anything actually happen?

just curious
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Haven't tried such a thing, but I have no intention to give it a shot... Who knows, the data may be erased due to the incomplete transfer?
  3. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if its during restore im pritty sure it breaks it
    it can corrupt data
  4. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    but what about even a classic when it is still hooked up to the comp and you have not hit disconnect yet, but its not doing anything? is there an issue then? not like im going to do it just wondering.
  5. Sketchy

Sketchy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It depends what action it's doing to the iPod like if its putting music i think it wont put the songs in correctly, and if its restoring it will corrupt your files etc..
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can disconnect it if it's just plugged in and charging (not syncing or God forbid, restoring), but if it is syncing (or in the case of a flash drive, transferring a file) the data could become corrupted. I've pulled out many iPods and Flash Drives (even an iPod in disk mode) without anything going bad, but nothing when a sync or file transfer has been occurring.
  7. Kith

Kith New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was cut/pasting files on an external hard drive to organize thigs a little better on it, and the power went out. When I got electricity back, most of the files on the drive were corrupt, even stuff I wasn't messing with at the time. I ended up reformatting the drive, because everything I tried to use was corrupt.

I was trying to organize something around 30 gigs of pdf files on a 250 (232 available) gig hard drive.