disconnect your network before plug

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by holmes840106, Jul 30, 2009.

1. holmes840106

holmes840106 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have met several stupid issues since I got my 2gen itouch a week ago.
    Including: 1 itune cannot detect my ipod; 2 itouch detected as camera; and 3 itune detects my itouch as iphone.
    Most of the time I search google it leads me here which means we are on the same boat I believe.
    I just found if first open itune, second disconnect network, plug itouch and it will be detected better (though maybe an iphone-_-)... at least it is not a camera or nothing. That will be fair enough, I can synch and download free apps.
    So, if you are still in this trouble. Try to disconnect internet first. If you are like me using wireless, it is simple, just use the wifi switch.
    BTW. Wait an enough long time untill itune start up or determin gapless crap (at least the idea is not bad).
    You see this is my first thread here. Hope it works.
  2. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1. If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPod, Open iTunes. At the bar on the left, click your iPod. At the bottom, Make sure the box beside "Open iTunes when i Plug my iPod In" is checked.
    2. Its alright. Its normal. It does that so you can sync/transfer your photos back and forth.
    3.Meh, I don't think thats anything major.
  3. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try a DFU+Restore if you want but none of those really seems to be a problem. Your computer should find the device as soon as it's plugged in. If it is having trouble you may need to re-install iTunes.