iOS 3.1 Disappointed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Santro, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Santro

Santro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There are so few games that are free in Cydia/Rock, and we have to pay for other apps too? Might as well buy from the iTunes App Store, is this all there is to jailbreaking?
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    um no, jailbreaking is not for apps like games, more like customizing your ipod
  3. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Winterboard, Backgrounder, Springboard..those are just some of the best ones to have that are free...there are more. Oh and AdBlock

Please Register or Log in to view images

... i <3 my AdBlock though I dont browse site s that much on the ipod...but why not have something I know I already love.
  4. Santro

Santro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Damn, I just might return it now. :\
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Well, if running games was all that counted for you, versus listening to music or browsing the web... then you may as well get a PSP or a DS. Jailbreaking used to be about apps too, but that was before Apple saw the way the wind was blowing and opened up the App Store, which most of the programmers moved onto.

This, by the way, includes most of the games.
  6. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Jailbreaking is far from what it used to be. In the 1.x and 2.x days, there was more support, none of this Cydia Store bullsh*t, and devs were just about supporting the community.

Some of the big things were themes and emulators. Anymore, ZodTTD is just a scammer that you'll get screwed by as soon as he updates - just like me and plenty of others did.

Themes are still nice, but Winterboard isn't exactly hardware friendly, and gives quite a hit to battery life and overall speed.

Other things, like *******ing, downloading Youtube Videos, and filebrowsers simply aren't supported well enough to really stay relevant.

To be honest, I've quit jailbreaking, and have opted for appstore apps. Which, in my opinion, are almost always much more polished, cleaner, and more well made thanks to Apple keeping standards.

I don't recommend returning your Touch just because jailbreaking isn't what it once was. I suggest you check out the App Store. There are plenty of excellent games out there. Many which I would put above PSP and DS games.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Noise.. is my Hero. I hope to check out your App Store Apps.

8. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I feel like I've been knighted.
  9. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I disagree, I've been jailbroken with my iPod Touch 2g and now with my 3G S and I don't think it really slows the iPod/iPhone down THAT much and also I've gotten better battery life with jailbreaking than without LOL, also appstore apps aren't that great, they aren't "up to standards" as you say, and themes and the other capabilities you can get from jailbreaking really help. Such as Volume MediaControls and SBSettings, Pogoplank, categories, themes...etc. When I was unjailbroken I was so freaking bored, all I did was listen to music..felt like I wasted my money, the stuff you get from jailbreaking should be standard with the iPhone OS X firmware, not the crap they have now.
  10. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wat.. springboard

and Adbl0ck is the best
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Have you even owned a videogame system before?