Disappointed in our community....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dave C, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I'm surprised I haven't received any responses to this question before, so I'm hoping that somone has some kind of answer for me as I'm extremely frustrated.

Why is that EVERYTIME I install an app directly from my Touch, it freezes, and then I can't reboot??? It freezes when it displays 'installing' under the new app icon.
    It works perfectly fine when I download the app directly from the computer.

I am currently on 2.0.1...and I've never jailbroken my Touch.
    Just to make things easier, I don't touch my Touch while it's installing, and I let it do it's business.
    It ALWAYS freezes. After that, evertime I reboot, I get that stupid apple logo, and it won't go past it. I've found out that the only way I can get my Touch to work again is to hook it up through iTunes and then about 10 minutes later, it will reset itself.

Does anyone know why my Touch freezes everytime??? Is it a setting? Is it just a bug with 2.0 and 2.0.1?
    Please help, I'm sooooo tired of having to reset my Touch through iTunes.
  2. iHAX

iHAX Banned

tryinstalling threw itunes then put it onto your ipod
  3. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    in every app you have this problem?
    cause always take a little time when it installing
  4. Dave C

Dave C New Member

At least I've finally received a response, so thank you, I very much appreciate it.
    As I mentioned, I can do it no problem installing through iTunes, but I'd like the liberty of not having to go sync up with iTunes on a daily basis if I don't need to, or if I'm not near my computer.
    So, is this a bug, does this happen to other people, and what I truly want an answer to is how do I get it to stop freezing when I'm downloading an app directly on my Touch (and yes, all the apps are under 10 mb's).
  5. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

I have had that happen to me but I have been able to fixking it by retarting... holding power button till it turns off, then turning it back on
  6. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When installing from your iPod, it takes a LONG time. Just wait it out, some small apps take 30 mins ad I have a fast internet. So just wait it out and keep the display on and not to auto-lock. Also, when installing an app, DO NOT USE YOUR IPOD!!! That overloads the processor sometimes and freezes.
  7. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Yes, every app that I try to install directly on my Touch.
    When you say it takes a little time, how much time would you say?
    And does your clock keep ticking? For example, I'll start downloading at 4:00pm, and it will say installing, the bar will get full, then I'll look at my real clock that now says 4:10, but the clock on my Touch still says 4:00pm. I can't do anythign on the screen after that...it's basically frozen and I have to reboot.
  8. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Download the apps from itunes and then sync your device ...it is a lot easier that way but syncing takes a little longer.
  9. iHAX

iHAX Banned

go to settings/general/reset and reset all settings
  10. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Ok, thanks for the feedback, but sounds like conflicting advice.
    It takes 30 minutes to d/l from the iPod, but then you say don't do it from the ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Either way, does your clock keep on ticking during these 30 minutes and can you still flip between pages? I'm not even talking about running other apps at the same time....