Disappointed by lack of gameplay in App Store Games?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by vegeto2k222, Sep 17, 2008.

1. vegeto2k222

vegeto2k222 Banned

Well I just beat Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Spore (about a week ago) for my iPhone and while both games were fun to play they didn't last long enough. I know these are not meant to be console games, but they need to start making games that actually last at least a few hours. Does anyone know about any upcoming games that are going to last a while, with regards to solid gameplay?
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i dont know of any but try getting a game with a lot of replay value like racing?? or download all hte papi games they are fre and tons od fun. finally cube runner another fre game lots of fun
  3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We need to wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

4 mounts is still not enough also AppStore itself was only opened for 2 mounts

If there will be more gameplay games, we need to wait first.

Theres still lot of EA hits to come and also John Carmack (from id Software and creator of engine that most FPP hits is on) planning something good .
  4. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe you should check out Line Rider, that is cheap and it has tonnes of play time, as long as you are creative.

Bkram1
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree slightly but look at this!

Appstore was open for a small time yet VERY nice apps are being created and ALOT of developers are taking intrest!

Soon, more prominent developers will take inerest and then we will have REAL games on appstore.
  6. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

if you have a jailbroken ipod you can get pokemon, that will last a long time
    or the rpg vay but im not sure im not far into it
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Keep in mind it is a phone
  8. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Umm what about Diner Dash, Vay, De Blob and the many other games out there.. Each have at least 5 hours of gameplay if not more. Maybe not Diner Dash, but still.
  9. seyerm

seyerm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You also have to think about the size of the games you are asking for... the iPod was designed for music and if you put on a game that's like 250 + mb... people are quickly gonna run out of space... maybe apple is planning to release the 64 gb touch for when REAL games come out

10. Dave C

Dave C New Member

It's actually now also being portrayed as the "funnest" gaming device so it's no longer just a phone in my opinion

In terms of size, games are still incredibly small. Star Wars for example is only 20mb....Spore is 80mb. Those games could easily have been doubled in size and you would think in turn doubling the playing experience.
    Also, in terms of 250mb games, people have movies that are as big if not bigger than that, so I'm not sure that argument holds up. At the end of the day, it could at least be a choice we are given if we want to have such a big game on our device.

But, I will admit that it is always possible of the 64gb Touch to come out when the REAL game comes out...and it may even be pre-installed on it already...who knows...