Disappearing Keyboard while Wifi Login @ Hampton Inn

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tamin, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Tamin

Tamin New Member

Both my iPod.t4 & my friend's iPhone.v4 experience the same difficulty:

When attempting to enter the passcode into the auto-generated login screen at the Hampton Inn the keyboard retreats immediately and consistently. Preventing either of us from entering in the code. The hotel staff reset their router, but this didn't advance our situation. A few queries into Google have not turned up as much as I was hoping for, so I'm turning to this bright community for some help.

Basically, am I alone with an isolated problem or is this a software issue? Is anyone else having the same problem? (Wifi works without any problems in other areas, hardware is assumed adequate.)
  2. Wiredbomb0

Wiredbomb0 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used to have that problem; I remember the page was constantly updating itself (the information was being updated every second) and each time it updated, the keyboard would go down, because it was moving to a new page. See if you can stop the page from updating and enter in the password?
  3. Tamin

Tamin New Member

Press the blue arrow next to the Hampton wifi and switch "auto login" to "off".
  4. abiseka

abiseka Guest

same problem here.. accessing the wifi username and password cannot be done because of the keyboard pops up but immediately disappears.. help please
  5. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    OK. Once the keyboard pops up tap the little "X" on the right hand side of the address bar. This stops the page form refreshing allowing you, the user, to enter the passcode.

Keep in mind to tap the "X" immediately or you'll miss the keyboard and it'll dissapear. Also this only works in mobile safari and not the settings app.

I think the problems down to the auto - refresh programme Apple has set.
  6. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ya i have the same issue on some pages, i guess the page continuously loads so the Safari keeps refreshing webpage data, so it minimizes the keyboard. I would try the stop button like said above
  7. iFlexxxy

iFlexxxy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hard restart
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Disable auto login

Disable the auto login by going to settings then the hhonors network and pressing the blue arrow to the right.