Disappearing Installer.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hungryscientist, Oct 23, 2007.

1. hungryscientist

hungryscientist New Member

My installer just up and disappeared off of my jail broken ipod touch. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations? It happened out of the blue, the little circulating symbol appeared in the middle of my screen and then the Installer icon disappeared. I only jailbroke 2 days ago, everything was working fine until this.
  2. Scottjohn

Scottjohn New Member

is that the only thing that disappeared ? im curious i having some problems my self with stuff disappearing .
  3. hungryscientist

The Installer was the only thing. I am trying a restore at the moment and I plan to re jail break it. I think it might have to do with the new version of the installer?
  4. Scottjohn

Scottjohn New Member

not quite sure but i have a weird problem also since i installed latest version of installer or the NES app one of the 2 caused me my troubles

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4621

have look i not going to restore n jailbreak yet try find a possibility have u tried just installing installer on ya ipodt rather than start from scratch ?
  5. hungryscientist

I already started the reconfiguration/rejailbreak. How would you reinstall the installer without using the installer.app? I know thats a lot of intallers in that sentance. I am no expert at this so maybe I am missing something super obvious. Might you use the terminal app some how?
  6. Scottjohn

Scottjohn New Member

Well i would make sure using ur sftp app of ur choice to see and make sure it been completly removed form ipod touch then just reinstal the installer.app right bk to Media_sym/Applications . surely once u reinstall and reboot it be back on ur ipod touch just a thought

Please Register or Log in to view images

well my installer app wasnt working since my troubles so i done the above and not a problem i installed old version of installer and works a treat