Disabling the home button?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Dvverga, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Dvverga

Dvverga New Member

Hope this is the right forum for this.

I was wondering if there was any way to disable the home button, or have it only activated a certain way (i.e. through sbsettings, or multiple button presses, etc...).

Let me explain. I have a 18 month year old son and he loves the iphone, I don't want him messing with it supervised and usually put one of those preschool games on from the appstore. He loves it to death, but he also loves to hit the home button over and over again, exiting out of the program (and now with 2.2, even taking him back to the first page depending on the number of times he hits it). I want to just be able to lock him into the game and let him play without having to 1. keep getting him back into it every 10 seconds, and 2. worrying about him getting out of it and hosing stuff on the phone.

Is there any suggestion or anything available that might help one to do this? I know it probably isn't an often request feature

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for any help.
  2. fusion324

fusion324 New Member

no offence but your letting an 18 month kid get on your iphone, ummmm
  3. Dvverga

Dvverga New Member

Well I have 2 iphone's (3g and 1st) and two ipod touches (1st gen and 2nd), plus it is extremely supervised as I said. The apps sell really well on the appstore so I can't be the only sucker dad who gives in to the pout lip and wants to breed a race of super techno geek saavy kids
  4. fusion324

fusion324 New Member

alright , if you are jailbroken there might be a way

but if your not, you can forgot it.
  5. Dvverga

Dvverga New Member

I am jailbroken.
  6. fusion324

fusion324 New Member

ok well try google searching , i cant help since i got no jailbreak

7. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure this app has been made :/ By just looking at the title I was thinking it was a stupid idea because the home button is neccessary, but in the situation you are in I guess you do need it :/
  8. Dvverga

Dvverga New Member

Well thanks guys. I looked around and google searched as much as I could. I couldn't find anything on it and am pretty sure nothing exists to do it. I was hoping it was possible through Sbsettings as a toggle or something.

I suppose my situation is unique though and can't think of many other effective uses of disabling the home button, so it makes sense

9. River

River New Member

Considering the home button is the "wake up" button, turning it off would make more trouble than what it's worth.

Why not set the passcode on it? That's what I do to prevent "accidents".

Not giving him access to the phone, in the first place, would be the best route.