Disabling the accelerometer!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by satan0822, Dec 28, 2007.

1. satan0822

satan0822 New Member

Hi, have you ever been lying down while listening to music or looking at photos and been frustrated because the display always shifted to landscape format. Wouldn't it be great if you could temporarily disable the accelerometer in order to prevent this? It could be just another general setting! This could be an interesting little project.
  2. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

3. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

and if you want it NOT in coverflow when laying down? As soon as I lay on my side it flips. We really do need a lock aspect option...
  4. Type56

Type56 New Member

yep, there should be just a tiny screen-orientation setting where you are able to choose between:

automatic
    landscape
    portrait
  5. satan0822

satan0822 New Member

glad to see you guys agree with me. in my humble and rather inexperienced opinion this should not be such a big deal. are any of you guys able to do this? i am learning but am no yet good enough to attempt this. Type56 i like your idea is good - simple but effective. i would love to help sum1 out and increase my knowledge along the way. What do you say?
  6. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

that is so true, but my solution is using my old iPod to listen to music when I am in bed. that would be an awesome idea though. Apple should make a firmware update of that. But have you heard about the iPhone firmware v1.1.3? bricks locked and jailbroken iPhones? OH NO, WATCH OUT LIL BRO!
  7. satan0822

satan0822 New Member

No i hadnt heard. i would have jailbroken today except when i tried to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 iTunes refused to open the ipsw. so now i will be waiting for a few days until i can hear more. does anyone know if it is possible to disable the accelerometer in 1.1.3???
  8. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry to burst many bubbles guys, but the accelerometer is hardware.
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

you do understand that hardware is CONTROLLED by software??

this is possible, but only by someone that can manipulate coding
  10. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

put the home button awayfrom the bed ^^ aka when you hold it its on the bottem , now it should be on the top , it disables it jfyi