Disabled ipod touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Devildenim, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Devildenim

Devildenim New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So, as in my other recent post I have been sold an ipod with a password and now I need to be able to restore it. Which I can't do, thanks iTunes. I accidentaly hit the letter o before i tried to cancel the password guessing thing and I pressed enter instead. So, apperentaly the dude that last had it had guessed a million times and left the last one to me.

So, I don't just have a locked iPod with a different iTunes with no Apple Store anywhere near me. I now have a DISABLED iPod that can't connect to iTunes.

Itunes has this great idea of telling me that i need to type in the password to be able to restore it (Yeah, because that's possible.) To be exact it says: "iTunes could not connect to the iPod 'Jack's ipod' because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes."

The iPod has never been jailbroken so SHSH Blobs don't work and I can't SSH into it.

When i go to do a DFU restore i am given the 3194 error code... I have tried to use the Firmware Umbrella and it doesn't work with mine, because the SHSH Blobs are non-exsistent.

Is there a way to enable the iPod and if possible delete the password all together. Also, does anyone know how long a Ipod 4 gen will stay disabled. It says, "iPod is disabled connect to iTunes."
  2. Averytheperson

Averytheperson New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only option would be the apple store.
  3. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

What firmware are you trying to restore to? Make sure you are going to 4.2.1, and your host file has nothing regarding Apple in it.
  4. Devildenim

Devildenim New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    3 hour drive and then i have no way to prove its mine. The display picture is of two people that aren't me...
  5. Devildenim

Devildenim New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah 4.2.1 and how many host files are there?
  6. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

It depends, there just should not be one that mentions gs.apple.com or similar. As that means it's connecting to Cydia, and if it had no SHSH blobs for that. Would not work.

Have you tried Recovery Mode too? When my friend's iPod Touch 2G got locked when the wrong code was entered too many times, it would not let me restore normally. But in recovery mode let me update straight to 4.1 (It was on 3.1.3 at the time)
  7. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Shouldn't have bought a stolen iPod. Cause the situation you're in, sucks.
  8. Devildenim

Devildenim New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just wish Ebay covered these things
  9. Devildenim

Devildenim New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried Recovery Mode too? When my friend's iPod Touch 2G got locked when the wrong code was entered too many times, it would not let me restore normally. But in recovery mode let me update straight to 4.1 (It was on 3.1.3 at the time)[/QUOTE]

yeah i tried thinking the same thing but nothing so far
  10. hrutkaymods

hrutkaymods Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Don't make accusations like that! The previous owner might have forgot to restore, before he sold it!

Did you try to go into DFU and then restore?