Disable the power button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Translucentbill, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Translucentbill

Translucentbill New Member

I have a jailbroken iphone 2g on the latest firmware possible for the 2g model. Long story short after i got out of my car after getting home today my iphone slipped off my lap and landed power button first on the driveway, about 2 years ago the phone was dropped and the volume buttons got dented in

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a cydia hack that disabled the volume buttons, however, getting to the question, are there any cydia apps that allow me to disable certain buttons? Where are packages downloaded stored? Is there already a power button disabler that just isnt showing up for me on cydia?

I just noticed this should probably be in the Jailbroken section.. -_-
  2. Translucentbill

Translucentbill New Member

I dont mean to double post but is there anyway to make it so the sleep button doesnt work? Its really annoying to have my phone shut itself off in my pocket, the worst thing is when it shuts itself off it keeps going to the apple logo then powering off then going back to it in a loop until plugged into a power source
  3. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

This is probably something you should get properly fixed. You kinda need the power button to be working incase you softbrick it.
  4. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Na that does not mater because there are a lot of apps for the computer that enter the iPhone into recovery
  5. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

Yeah the but then the power button might accidentaly kick it out of recovery and make it even worse.