Disable Spotlight on 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jibblejab, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there anyway to disable the Spotlight on 3.0 without downgrading?

Dont tell me "dont swipe that way" or "dont press the home button" doesnt anyone actually have a miracle sure to get rid of the thing?
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He has a 2G, so he can't. Try to be more helpful, instead of being a prick.

I am actually wondering the same thing, I haven't seen anything in Cydia(a tweak or something) or anything here on the forum.
  3. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Because I paid for 3.0 so I'm gonna use it. And with two working eyes and hands I feel more than capable of finding apps and songs on my own. Your welcome.

@Cl8rs i'm hoping for a tweak soon, I heard of something being worked on but details are sketchy
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think they would work on such thing, what you are asking is like: can somebody tell me how block the copy/paste feature?

The main reason why no devs are gonna work on it is because a waste of time and the function is a part of the OS

Why do you Not like the spotlight feature? how can it annoy you, the only way to access it is to scroll all the way left. Unless you have some kind of habit of constantly scrolling left i dont see how spotlight could annoy you
  5. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    @dunuck Maybe he has random finger twitched that cause him to scroll left. You never know.

--
    I think you can disable it by removing a daemon (search the forum, I am positive that there is a thread on it. I was on it the other day.).
    But please note that I am not responsible for anything you do to f*** up your iPod.
  6. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    @dunuck I've already warned you. Give an answer to a question, rather than saying "dum f00l why?!?"

If we've seen entire Springboard replacements, an enhancements like infinitydock/board this is enterily possible. It's not like removing C, C & P, as this would only require a simple Springboard mod.

Stop trolling, this is a perfectly legitimate question.
  7. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try this thread. I didn't look through it all, but it has a list of all the daemons and whether they are safe or not to remove, yours may be on here.

I and the OP are not responsible for anything that goes wrong, as the disclaimer states.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224341

EDIT: happyman thanks for the idea of looking for this thread lol
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ Shåwa
    I am sorry, all i tried to do is show my opinion on the subject, and justify my first post which was rather rude i admit it

But i dont think is fair for you say that i am trolling, on my second post i merely put my opinion on the matter: That i don't understand how can it bother you Unless you have some kind of habit of constantly scrolling left

I never tried to act superior not treat him like a fool, all i was asking is why does he has such big problem with it, and in my opinion , the reason no one worked on it yet is because it doesn't really bother you nor it offers new functionality like infini dock/board does

Again i am sorry for my first post realty it was rather rude, shawa i am merely responding to you now, and will do as you say i wont post back useless posts

Update: I looked through that thread an all i found was this:
    •com.apple.searchd.plist - Disables Spotlight search if removed. The Spotlight page will still be there, but nothing will show up when you start typing. Disable this daemon if you don't use Spotlight.

But it isn't that helpful if you are annoyed by spotlight; it blocks search results but spotlight still appears if you scroll all the way left

deamon disabled

Please Register or Log in to view images

Normal

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. thatoneguy159

thatoneguy159 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Spotlight is built into springboard.app. The only way you can get rid of it is if someone builds a mobile substrate add-on to block it.